A leg elevation pillow is a type of device used to elevate one’s legs to assist in the relief of pain and swelling from problems such as deep vein thrombosis, cellulitis, and varicose veins. The most common use for this type of pillows is during surgical recovery or post-operative care, but they are also helpful for people with arthritis who have swollen joints that need support. Leg elevation pillows come in many different shapes, sizes, and weights, which can be confusing when finding what best fits your specific needs. We made this list based on our research into various brands on the market, so you won’t have any trouble finding the right one for you!
Leg elevation pillows are often used for people with swollen legs or aching leg muscles. These can be from sitting too long, getting older, having diabetes, or other conditions that cause blood vessels to swell in the lower limbs. They can also help after surgery as part of recovery efforts and rehabilitation exercises. People who have had hip replacement may find them helpful for elevating their hips when they sleep to avoid swelling while enjoying uninterrupted, restful sleep at night.
Widespread use is by pregnant women because it helps make breathing easier during pregnancy and eases discomfort caused by back pain, allowing better quality of sleep positions during nighttime periods. It is also recommended for women recovering from childbirth – breastfeeding mothers especially will want these pillows around due to the amount of time they spend in bed breastfeeding. Some common conditions where leg elevation pillows might be helpful are lower back pain, varicose veins, blood clots and phlebitis, arthritis – especially for swollen joints, pregnancy-related issues such as heartburn or indigestion due to lying down during the night. Certain people may also find them useful following surgery because they can help with mobility after completing a procedure.
Leg elevation pillows
The best leg elevation pillows are orthopedic. They support the person’s weight and offer a soft, comfortable surface to rest on. Orthopedic leg elevation pillows can be used in several positions – under the knee or ankle with toes pointed up at a 45-degree angle, under the heel for plantar fasciitis relief, beneath both feet for those who have difficulty lying flat in bed due to back pain or other problems. Pillows come with adjustable height settings so that you can find just what works for your needs without being hunched over uncomfortably. For users dealing with respiratory issues (such as COPD), these pillows also provide an extra boost of oxygen while sleeping by either lifting one foot or both feet off the bed.
Orthopedic leg elevation pillows are constructed to prevent muscle atrophy and blood clots because they elevate users’ legs at a 45-degree angle, promoting circulation in their lower extremities. Orthopedic leg elevation pillows also promote better sleep for those who experience discomfort while lying down flat on their backs, as well as back pain from sitting up or slouching all day long. They provide relief by keeping your body upright and reducing pressure points that can lead to soreness during the night – especially when you’re dealing with problems like sciatica, disc conditions, osteoporosis (or compression of vertebrae), arthritis, varicose veins, migraine headaches caused by neck pain, and many more.
TOP ARCHERY orthopedic leg pillow
The best leg elevation pillows are those that offer enough support for the knee or ankles and can be used in either a sitting position, on your back with one hand supporting your head. The TOPARCHERY pillow is designed to help you sleep comfortably during any stage of recovery from an injury or surgery by providing total comfort and relief while elevated. It also helps blood flow return which reduces swelling, so it’s great if you have arthritis. This orthopedic leg pillow inflates easily using a pump provided, making an air-tight seal when increased, enabling it to stay strong even after hours of use. Weighing only five pounds, this pillow is easy to take anywhere and store away without feeling cumbersome at all! The TOPARCHERY leg pillow is a perfect choice for anyone looking to find relief from back pain, sciatica, or other effects of surgery as it provides instant elevation and stability.
This cozy orthopedic cushion with plush fleece cover comes in three different sizes, so you can be sure to get the best fit depending on your height. The fabric is easy to clean thanks to machine washing and drying instructions, making this ideal for those who require frequent cleaning during recovery or caregiving periods while someone else takes over massage duties.
Orthopedic leg elevation pillow
The TOPARCHERY leg elevation pillow can be used for several purposes: reducing or eliminating swelling after surgery, maintaining blood circulation to reduce pain, and improve healing – the list goes on! It is easy-to-use and comfortable, thanks to its plush fleece cover that provides comfort for anyone with sensitive skin. So if you’re looking for an effective solution while recovering from injury or surgery, this product will become the essential item in your home necessary to help you get back on track faster without any hassle at all!
- Easy to deflate and store away
- Three different sizes for the best fit
- Machine is washable with a plush fleece cover that is comfortable on sensitive skin
ComfiLife orthopedic knee pillow
#1 Best Seller
The ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow is a supportive and comfortable pillow that can be used in any position. It’s made of high-quality, breathable materials, which make it perfect for all seasons! The ComfiLife orthopedic knee pillow has been designed to provide extra support during rest or long trips, protect the back muscles from strain, and minimize pain.
The pillow is reversible for easy use and can be machine washed. It’s also available in three different sizes, so you’re sure to find the perfect one! The ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow has a five-star rating on Amazon with over 50 reviews; people say it alleviates their pain and provides them with hours of relief from discomfort.
This pillow is excellent for people who are looking to alleviate knee pain and rest their legs. It’s also a comfortable option that can be used in any position, making it perfect for those on the go!
- Available in three different sizes
- Machine washable and reversible for easy use
- Provides support and alleviates discomfort
- Five-star rating on Amazon with over 50 reviews
- Can’t be used on its own as a pillow
Wedge pillows are ideal for those with aching legs, hips, or back. The pillow supports the body and can be used under your neck and feet (or other parts of the leg). This is an inexpensive option that has some great benefits. It’s also elementary to store!
There are several different wedges on the market, and they each have their unique features. You want something that will support you appropriately so you don’t end up in pain later down the road. Fortunately, this guide breaks them all down for you so that choosing one won’t be too hard!
Wedge leg elevation pillow models
Bluestone wedge pillow for elevated support
The Bluestone Wedge Pillow is one of the best leg elevation pillows for elevated support. It makes a great addition to your bed in any case, and it’s thin enough that you can lay down on it without feeling like you’re sinking into the ground. Plus, there are two sizes available so that just about anyone can find their perfect pillow size! There’s also an additional panel that allows this wedge pillow to be used as a lumbar support cushion or even as a comfortable armrest when needed – making it one of our favorites over here at Epic Growing Guide.
- The Bluestone Wedge Pillow has been outfitted with several air chambers (to provide more comfort) and memory foam padding, which feels fantastic when you lay down on it.
- The Bluestone Wedge Pillow is available in three sizes: a standard size, a petite size, and an extra-large size (for those tall folks). We recommend going with the short version of this wedge pillow for the smallest body frame or children because they’re thinner and easier to use than their larger counterparts. But if you have never tried out one before, go ahead and try out both for your first time; just keep in mind that these are not returnable items!
- If you want something sturdy enough to support your backside when sitting up at night but also soft enough so as not to do any damage, then this is worth checking into.
- Available in three different sizes
- Provides elevated support without feeling like you’re sinking into the ground
- Can be used as a lumbar support cushion or even an armrest when needed
Hydraluxe+ cooling memory foam wedge pillow
The Hydraluxe Cooling Memory Foam Wedge Pillow is one of the best leg elevation pillows for some reasons:
- Using this pillow has contoured foam to relieve pressure on your back and promote good blood flow while you sleep or rest.
- It can be used as an elevated seat for reading in bed!
- The side panels are adjustable, so they fit around different body shapes, like people with larger thighs who have trouble finding a pillow that fits well enough around them without slipping down all night long.
The Hydraluxe Cooling Memory Foam Wedge Pillow is a good product that does what it sets out to do. It relieves pain in the leg and back while you sleep, giving an improved night’s rest. The only downside about this particular pillow is that it may be too thick for some people who prefer thinner pillows, as well as those with mobility issues who need something lightweight but durable enough to hold up their weight comfortably at night or when they’re resting on the go.
- Contoured foam
- Adjustable side panels
- Promotes good blood flow and helps relieve pressure on the back and legs when you sleep or rest
- May be too thick for some people who prefer thinner pillows
Elevating leg rest with cooling gel pad
One of the famous leg elevation pillows is the Elevating Leg Rest with Cooling Gel Pad. The gel pad on this pillow helps eliminate heat and moisture near your legs, which can prevent swelling in your legs. You’ll be able to sleep better at night knowing that you are helping yourself out by elevating your feet!
This particular leg elevation pillow is also great because it’s elementary to carry around. You can take this with you almost anywhere, which makes traveling a lot easier when your feet need that little extra support! The Elevating Leg Rest with Cooling Gel Pad will elevate the legs for three different heights: 0-20 degrees, 20-40 degrees, and 40-60 degrees.
EBUNG - gel leg support cushion
Gel Leg Support Cushion is a compression leg rest with gel support. It supports the legs when elevated, allowing for relief from pain and swelling in the lower extremities (ankles, feet, thighs) because it applies pressure to reduce edema. This pillow has extra-long foam without any seams that provide additional comfort while reading or watching TV. Its fabric feels soft on the skin and doesn’t require washing off before use as some other pillows do.
EBUNG: Gel Leg Support Cushion is ideal for people who have knee injuries, leg ulcers, or other skin conditions.
The pillow’s only downside is its price. It may be a bit pricey; however, it has the potential to last longer than cheaper pillows due to durable construction and less need for replacement within one year of use.*
- Offers comfortable pressure relief
-Ideal for people who have knee injuries, leg ulcers, or other skin conditions.
Overall great leg elevation pillows
Cushy form elevating leg rest pillow
The Cushy Form Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is designed to offer comfort and support for your leg when elevated. It’s an affordable solution with a soft fleece cover that helps you relax without any pins or needles poking into sensitive skin. This product has some great features, such as the ability to adjust the pillow’s height by pulling on two handles at either end, and it comes in three different colors: charcoal grey, lilac purple, and royal blue. At 12 inches high (30 cm), this elevating leg rest provides good elevation for those who cannot elevate their legs over 15 inches off the floor due to shorter furniture like couches or chairs. The only downside? When adjusting how much you want your leg extended up, it can feel like you are adjusting a wobbly table leg on an uneven floor.
Please note that the Cushy Form Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is not designed to elevate your leg for longer than 20 minutes at a time. It’s best used when you need to take breaks from sitting or standing and don’t have enough space on the floor to lie down properly with both of your legs elevated. **Be sure never to sleep in this position! **The risk of blood clots developing due to prolonged periods of having one thigh higher than another is very high-so plan accordingly if using this product during the night hours. If you’re looking for an affordable solution that will work well in short-term scenarios like watching TV or reading, then this may be a good choice for you!
- Soft fleece cover
- Adjustable height for shorter furniture like couches and chairs
- Not designed to be used for longer than 20 minutes at a time
- Can feel wobbly when adjusting the height
Abung leg elevation pillow
The Abung leg elevation pillow is the most popular of all our recommended cushions. This one has an adjustable height and a solid but lightweight design that provides comfortable balance for your legs. Plus, it comes in four different colors, so you can get just what matches your style!
The Abung pillow is made from a soft fleece material that feels great on your legs. It’s also designed with non-slip fabric to keep the leg elevation pillow in place all night long, and it has an easy zipper design for removing the cover for washing.
We recommend this one if you want versatility – not only does it come in four colors, but its height can be adjusted to fit different needs (anything from using at home while sitting up watching TV or reading a book to use under your desk while working). The adjustable height means that it adjusts to just about any size of person!
- Easy to remove the cover for washing
- Comes in four colors and two sizes
- Adjustable height can be used at home or under a desk
- It is more expensive than other models
Astrology elevating foam rest pillow
Astrology elevating foam rest pillow
The Astrology Elevating Foam Rest Pillow is an orthopedic pillow that relieves leg and foot pain, knee swelling, or ankle problems. It has a foam design with memory foam technology to provide the perfect elevation angle from 20-90 degrees. The cover can be removed for easy washing in the washer machine on cold water and air dry only. And it also has an anti-slip rubberized non-skid bottom, so you don’t have to worry about sliding off during sleep!
The Astrology Elevating Foam Rest Pillow is a great foam pad for people who need to keep their feet elevated due to swelling or with some form of foot pain. It’s also an excellent option for pregnant women looking to relieve back and leg discomfort during pregnancy stages, especially in the later months when it becomes more difficult to get out from under your belly!
- Memory foam design provides the perfect angle
- Machine washable cover is easy to clean
- Non-skid bottom prevents sliding off of the pillow during sleep
- May be too firm for some people, especially those with sensitive joints
What to look for when buying a leg elevation pillow?
When buying a leg elevation pillow, there are many essential things you should look for. A few of these include:
- Quality: The pillow should be made of durable quality materials. This will ensure the item is long-lasting and can provide you with the comfortability needed when recovering from a leg injury. If any part breaks, it should be quickly and cheaply replaceable rather than buying another new one altogether.
- Shape/Size: When buying a leg elevation pillow, determine what shape or size best fits your needs before purchasing one (i.e., whether you need something small enough to fit in smaller chairs or if you require more space for longer legs). You also want an elevated cushion large enough to support both feet while still being compact enough not to take up too much room on furniture that may already have limited seating capacity;
- Portability: If you plan to take it while traveling, make sure the leg elevation pillow is easy to pack and store. Look for something that can fold down or compress into a storage bag easily;
- Padding Type: There are many padding materials available on the market, including memory foam, shredded foam, gel-infused foam, polyester fiberfill cotton fibers, and so much more. Some people prefer firm pillows while others like softer ones. Figure out what kind of cushioning material best suits your needs before purchasing one;
- Washable: A leg elevation pillow should also be machine washable. This is important to keep it clean and sanitary for you as well as other family members who may come into contact with the item;
- Price: Lastly, one of the most crucial factors when buying a new leg elevation pillow would have to be its price. You want something that will not break your bank account but at the same time still provide comfortability. The best way to determine this is by looking up reviews on different pillows before finally making a purchasing decision.
A few more things to consider are whether or not there’s enough space between your ankles, need support and where your feet go, so they don’t get cramped, how comfortable the pillow is, and how portable it is.
Types of leg elevation pillows
- Standard pillow: This type of leg elevation pillow is typically made from polyester. It’s also the cheapest option, and it can be folded into a smaller size for easy storage or travel. The downside to this type of leg elevation pillow is that they don’t provide much support because their thickness will not vary based on your height.
- Neoprene Ring Pillow: These types of pillows are usually taller than standard pillows, which may make them more comfortable as they offer better support as you raise your legs while lying down in bed. They’re often more expensive but worth the investment if you want good back relief when resting at home during recovery periods following surgery or injury like hip replacement surgery or sciatica pain.
- Bolster Pillow: Bolsters are usually made from foam, and they’re broader than a standard pillow. They often provide some back support, though not as much as neoprene ring pillows. Some people find them bulky to store or travel with because of their size. However, they’re still worth considering at-home use if you want the most comfortable position while lying down in bed recovering from surgery or injury like hip replacement surgery or sciatica pain.
- Memory Foam Pillow: Memory foam pillows are designed to mold around the shape of your body and provide a supportive, comfortable surface. They’re often expensive but worth it if you want good back relief when resting at home during recovery periods following surgery or injury like hip replacement surgery or sciatica pain. Some people find them too firm for their liking, so they may not be ideal for everyone.
- U-shaped pillow with armrests: This type of leg elevation pillow is made specifically for use in bed. It’s also one of the most expensive options because it provides more support than a standard pillow while elevating your legs up from the ground. The downside to this leg elevation pillow is that some folks complain that the armrests are too high and uncomfortable to use.
- Pillow wedges: Pillow wedges can be a good choice if you’re looking for an inexpensive solution that offers decent support while resting at home during recovery periods following surgery or injury like hip replacement surgery or sciatica pain. They’re often only about six inches tall, making them easy to store in your closet when not in use. The downside is that they don’t provide as much back relief because their design doesn’t allow complete spine contact with the ground below.
If you’ve found a Leg Elevation Pillow that is comfortable, adjustable, and fits your needs, then congratulations! But if not, have no fear. There are plenty of other options out there, ranging from the traditional foam or wedge to inflatable pillows with built-in pumps for easy inflation and deflation. Whichever type of pillow you choose, make sure it meets all three criteria listed in this blog post so that you can get back to living life as soon as possible. Which types of Leg Elevations Pillows did we cover today? Do any stand out to you?